Learning through experience can be fun and long lasting. At Shri Ram Centenial School, students get the chance to make memories and develop enduring friendships through weekend activities.
- Students have access to theatre productions and musical acts in and around Dehradun.
- Trekking and camping are available to those who enjoy being outside.
- Other weekend activities include going to theme parks, seeing movies, going shopping in malls, and taking day trips to interesting places.
- Numerous activities are provided on campus throughout the weekends in addition to off-campus trips.
- During their leisure time, students have the option of using our facilities for sports and fine arts.
- During the weekends, special activities like the broadcast of international matches and other well-liked events are also provided.
- The Resource Center, which has a projection screen, televisions, and a food area, is another popular hangout for students.
Adding to this are the award programs like:
The Award Programme was first introduced in the United Kingdom in 1956 as the Duke of Edinburgh's Award. The aim was to motivate young people aged between 14 and 25 years to become involved in a balanced programme of voluntary self-development activities to take them through the potentially difficult period between adolescence and adulthood.
The Award's concept is one of individual challenge, giving young people a balanced, non-competitive programme of voluntary activities which encourage personal discovery and growth, self-reliance, perseverance, responsibility to themselves and service to their community. Those who participate in the Award are expected to follow its requirements in a non-competitive manner with a determination to succeed, either individually or as part of a team. The award therefore is challenging, and can be undertaken at your own pace.